Disclaimer: I do not make my hummus with tahini! This is simply because I do not like tahini. (Sorry Tahini!) Instead of tahini, I use Safflower Oil for the fat in my hummus. This really allows the garlic and the brightness from the lemon to shine through.
Lemon Garlic Hummus
A deliciously bright and flavorful hummus that does not use Tahini.
- 1 can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed Lemon Juice (about the juice of 3 lemons)
- 1/3 cup of Safflower Oil or Grapeseed Oil
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Freshly Ground Pepper
- Olive Oil and Pine Nuts for garnish
Put all of the ingredients into a food processor with the regular blade.
Turn the food processor on and let it whirl until you have a creamy smooth texture.
Garnish with olive oil and pine nuts.
Store hummus for up to one week in a sealed container in the fridge.